1930s – In the early 1930s the members met at the Bamboos opposite the present Kmart at Sunnybank.
1942 – This group continued until 1942 when Sherwood church opened.
1944-1952 – As numbers increased members went to the United Protestant Church to meet on Millers Road EMP from about 1944 to 1952.
1948-1949 – During 1948 and in 1949 Bro Stan Harker and Hec Robinson began searching for land to build a church.
a) Two blocks were bought but it was too far down London Road, they thought. The blocks were bought for ₤10.
b) Another two blocks were bought, which are the present blocks. The other two were sold for ₤90.
c) And could be bought from John Burke – 10 building blocks for ₤200, 40 acres for ₤2,000.
1951 – The church, which is the present hall, was built by Bro Bill Lewis of Sherwood in 1951.
1952 – It was opened in 1952 by Pastor Grieve who was the Conference President. Pastor Eric Hare was at the opening. Bro Job Becket was Senior Elder. Membership was 39.
The original church had a partition between the main church area, about a quarter of the church now vacant land.
1961 – Because the church became too small for our needs it was decided to negotiate for a small piece of land adjacent, owned by Paul’s Ice Cream Company. This block was bought for ₤750 in 1961. Bro Keith Adair, manager of SHF was able to use his influence to buy it.
1964 – Extension No 1, November 1964 cost ₤615 to build – size 24’ x 30’.
1966 – Extension No 2, October 1966 cost $1,500.
1980 – In August 1980, four blocks of ground were purchased from the Brisbane City Council for $33,328.